CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | Young Contemporaries 2017
Submissions due: March 15, 10am-5pm | Halsey Institute Galleries
Submit your work to Young Contemporaries 2017! Use these guidelines to see who can submit work, and what can be submitted.
Wednesday, March 15, 10am-5pm. Works must be dropped off at the Halsey Institute (in Cato Center for the Arts, 161 Calhoun Street) during this time. You must be present with your artwork in order to sign off on the Conditions for Submitting contract.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
CofC Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Students including December 2016 graduates.
WHAT IS ELIGIBLE:
Original visual artwork completed between April 2016 – March 2017. Students may submit up to three pieces per artist, per medium (prints, sculptures, etc.).
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Students must obtain yellow labels from the Studio Art Office (Simons Center, 4th Floor) or by downloading here.
- Fill out labels legibly and attach to the back of EVERY artwork submitted.
- Indicate on the label if there are any special installation instructions.
- Bring eligible work to the Halsey Institute on Wednesday, March 15, 10am – 5:00. You must bring your own work yourself.
- Oversized work must also be registered at this time, even if it will be delivered later. Indicate on the registration form if you have oversized work, where it is located, and attach a picture or photocopy of it.
- ALL WORK MUST BE DRY!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Wednesday, March 15, 10am-5pm
JUROR’S LECTURE WITH JOSEPHINE HALVORSON
Wednesday, March 15, 6pm, Simons Room 309 Free and open to the public
ACCEPTED WORKS ANNOUNCED
Friday, March 17, 10am, Halsey Institute
OPENING RECEPTION AND ARTIST AWARDS CEREMONY
Friday, March 31, 5-7pm
Artist awards ceremony at 6pm
GALLERY TALKS WITH ARTISTS
Saturday, April 1, 2pm
Contact Bryan Granger, Manager of Exhibitions and Public Programs, at email@example.com.